One of the most annoying things about owning a computer is the maintenance and when your hard drive decides to break spontaneously, time is something you won’t have for sure.For emergencies it’s better you have a data and a system backup available.The safest and easiest way to back up all your data is to clone your hard drive to an external drive.Mac OS X has a simple built in utility that can do the same task at no cost.
We’re talking about Disk Utility ( User > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.app ) It’s free and it does the job right but still it is bit complicated as you should know the correct Partition format. If you want to upgrade your Mac’s hard drive, and you don’t want to do the installations and setup all over again HARD DRIVE CLONING of MAC OS X is the best solution.I came across some uncomplicated Free-wares to make hard-drive clones on Mac OS X.
1. SuperDuper is another free back up utility, developed by Shirt Pocket To create a clone using SuperDuper, use the drop down menus in the utility’s simplistic User Interface. Beside the word “Copy” select the volume you wish to copy, beside “to” select the external volume, and beside “using” select “Backup-all files” or the option of your choice.
2. Carbon Copy Cloner is Provided free by Bombich Software Although there are some advanced features included in the utility, the big reason behind its popularity is the fact that it makes cloning easy. After installing it, simply select your startup volume, then select the external drive or Target Disk, which is the disk you will use to make your clone. The drop down menu under “Cloning options” will allow you to select “Backup everything”, then its as simple as clicking “Clone”.
3.Time Machine, the back up utility that ships with Mac OS X, is an advanced application that allows you to back up files on an hourly basis provides more than enough functionality for most users. With a UI as slick as any other native OS X application, and the ability to go back in time and restore everything from a file to your entire machine, from any point in time, Time Machine definitely lives up to its name. This is an incredible utility that Apple could easily charge for and includes in OS X anyways. However, most users that like to clone their entire drive to store elsewhere, away from their Mac, tend to use a ton of different outdated back up tools and methods. If you want to quickly and efficiently make a clone of your entire drive, here are a few great freeware tools that will help you out.
daily email newsletter
- 5 Useful Tools to Recover Lost Data
- Angry Bird for all – on Multiple Platforms
- Google Docs:Excellent Tool Managing Documents Online
- Ways to open .Psd File without installing Photoshop .
- How To Invite Facebook friend To Google Plus,with Simple Steps .